Midwest Banjo Camp
Dates: June 6-9, 2019
Our Fifteenth Year!
Just Out!! Our 2019 Schedule
Midwest Banjo Camp XV takes place on June 6-9, 2019 at the Olivet College Campus in Olivet, Michigan. Come study old-time or bluegrass banjo with some of today's best players and teachers in both styles. Our program features hands-on classes, demonstrations, two faculty concerts, and still leaves lots of time for jamming with your fellow banjo enthusiasts.
Midwest Banjo Camp offers the following instruction options
- Four levels of old-time banjo
- Four levels of bluegrass banjo
- Full time program in 19th Century Banjo, featuring Minstrel Banjo, Classic Banjo & Other Early Banjo Styles.
- Full time program in tenor banjo (tuned CGDA)
- Full time programs in bass, fiddle, fingerstyle guitar, flatpicking guitar, and mandolin
- New!! Part-time program in Jam-Skills for all instruments
Format: MBC runs from Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon and offers nine class sessions -- three on Friday, four on Saturday and two on Sunday. There are staff concerts on both Friday and Saturday evenings; over the course of the weekend you'll have the opportunity to hear our entire staff in concert.
Just Out!! The 2019 T-Shirt Design
Here is our "super" T-shirt design for 2019, by Lansing-area artist Dennis Preston. Just another way that banjo picking can save the world! Here's the design with a black T; we expect to offer the design with a second color (which we'll post shortly).
You can now pre-order your size and color through the registration form when you sign up. Note that at Camp, we will only have a limited number of shirts available in just one color (larger sizes and Ladies' sizes are only available through pre-orders),.
- Sizes available: S, M, L, XL, 2-XL, 3-XL, 4-XL;
- New this Year:! Ladies Sizes Also Available